Have you tried making “chrysanthemum” flowers with Tsumami-zaiku? Today I would like to share how to make “peony” flowers. I’m going to use orange and yellow colors again like last time. But you should use whatever your favorites are. Pick 2 or 3 colors that you think will make your hanabi flowers beautiful!
My blog about “Hanabi, Fireworks” link is here!
You will need:
- eight 0.75 inch (1.9 cm) orange square cloths
- eight 1 inch (2.5 cm) white square cloths
- eight 1.5 inch (3.8 cm) yellow square cloths
- one 1 inch round thick paper disc
- wet towels to clean your finger
How to make:
1. Make 8 petals of each size of cloth with Maru-tsumami.
2. Put glue on the paper disc and glue on the 0.75 inch square cloth petals evenly.
3. Put the 1 inch petals between the 0.75 inch petals.
4. Put some glue on the 1.5 inch petals’ peak side and slide them between the 1 inch petals.
5. Reshape the flower before the glue dries completely.
6. Put a little glue on the side of 1.5 inch petals and glue them next to each other.
7. Let glue dry
8. Put some decorations with glue on the center.