Last time, we used a twofold Maru-tsumami to make a Japanese plum flower. Today, I’ll show you how to make a twofold Ken-tsumami. Actually, I think this is the easier of the two. I recommend using a thinner fabric for practice until you get used to it.
You will need:
- one 1 inch square cloth (orange)
- one 1 inch square cloth (yellow)
- tweezers (You don’t need tweezers, but it’s much easier with them)
- wet paper towels for cleaning your fingers
1.Make a single Ken-tsumami with an orange cloth. (“How to make a Ken-tsumami” is here.)
2. Fold a yellow cloth twice like the picture to make a ¼ size triangle.
3.Put the orange Ken-tsumami you made on the yellow ¼ size triangle.
4. Fold the yellow ¼ size triangle in half and sandwich the orange Ken-tsumami inside.
5. Glue the bottom part and let it dry.